top of page
Pain Management for Veterans

Winding River Medicine is contracted with the Veteran's Affairs (VA) / TriWest to treat pain conditions of all types. This includes: soft tissue injuries, chronic pain conditions, inflammation, nerve damage, scar tissue, recent and old aches and pains. These issues do not have to have happened while serving, they can have occurred after your retirement from service.


To come in for treatment and have it covered, you need to be authorized. Re-authorization for additional treatments is much faster. You do not owe anything for these visits, they are completely covered by the VA.


To be authorized for visits, follow these simple steps:


1) Visit your VA doctor. It can be your primary (PCP) doctor or a specialist that is helping manage your pain.


2) Request to get acupuncture for your condition at Winding River Medicine by one of our providers. This can be submitted along with the initial request or when TriWest contacts you for scheduling.

We also offer discounted rates for immediate family members if they do not have insurance coverage.

Thank you for your service. We look forward to serving you!

bottom of page